Filo Apple and Nut Parcels
Flaky sheets of Greek filo filled with apples, nuts and honey and delicately spiced with cinnamon.
- 3 sheets Filo pastry
- 2 Braeburn Apples
- 2 tablespoons Melted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Coarsely chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 tablespoon Raisins
- 2 tablespoons Flaked Almonds
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 175 degrees C.
2.Remove the core from the apple and keeping the skin on grate the apple coarsely. Transfer the the apples to a large bowl and add the lemon juice and toss together.
3.Reserve quarter of the almonds and pistachio nuts and add the remainder to the the apples.
4.Add the 3 tablespoons honey, raisins and cinnamon to the apple mixture and toss together to combine all the ingredients.
5. Place a sheet of filo pastry on the table and brush some melted butter on it. Add a second sheet of filo and brush butter on it too and finally add the third sheet of filo on top and brush with the remaining butter.
6. Spread the apple mixture onto the filo layers and roll the filo pastry into a swiss roll shape starting to roll from the long edge.
7. Place the filo roll onto a baking tray and cut the roll into 6 pieces. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until pastry starts to turn golden brown.
8. Remove the filo parcels from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
9. To serve, brush the tops of the filo parcels with the remaining honey and sprinkle with the reserved nuts.
Serve the parcels with some honeyed Greek yoghurt.
Lets cook with Apples event by simplyfood.
Lets cook for Halloween event by simplyfood