Today is the Hindu Festival of Diwali, to celebrate I have created this delicious yet simple sweet that is perfect for gifting and serving . I would also like to wish all my readers and visitors avery happy Diwali. Thankyou all for your visits, comments and love that you share with simplyfood, all of which inspire and motivate me.
Coconut Delight Roses
Tutti frutti and Coconut layered on delicious white chocolate.
- 200ml Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 200g Dessicated Coconut Flour
- 40g Mixed Tutti Frutti -dried papaya,mango and pineapple
- 2 drops Orange food colour
- 1/2 teaspoon Orange Essence
- 300g White Chocolate
1. In a bowl add the coconut flour, finely chopped tutti frutti (dried mango, papaya and pineapple) and condensed milk, orange essence and make a dough . Add the condensed milk a little at a time until mixture comes together to form a ball.2. Divide the mixture into two parts and add orange colouring to one part. Make 12 small balls from each of the mixtures, the white and the orange and push the balls into a rose silicon mould. Pack the mixture tightly into the moulds leaving a 5mm gap on top for the chocolate layer. You will have 12 orange coloured delights and 12 white delights.(Alternatively you can make the whole lot orange by adding the colour to all the mixture)3. Melt the white chocolate in a heat proof bowl in the microwave for 1 minute and then at 10 second intervals until chocolate is totally melted. Stir the chocolate to ensure its smooth.4. Pour a layer of chocolate on top of the coconut layer and tap the mould to evenly distribute the chocolate.5. Place the silicon mould rose tray in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.6. After 30 minutes push out the chocolate roses from the mould and serve.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 24
NB -You can add the mixture to a square tray and pack it down after which pour the chocolate over it and leave to set. Once set cut into squares.