This is my assignment with the Secret Recipe Club.The aim of the club is that you are allocated a blog from which you have to select a recipe and try it and blog about it. For the month of October my assigned blog is CookwithSara I enjoyed looking through Sara's blog and finally settled for the Asian Mango Slaw as I had a semi ripe mango that was perfect for the recipe. We really enjoyed this delicious Asian Mango Slaw recipe . I did add raw mango and chillies to spice it up a little.
Asian Mango Slaw
Delicious and tangy Mango slaw with Asian flavours.
- 300g Finely shredded cabbage
- 2 medium Finely grated carrots
- 1 small Red Onion finely sliced
- 1 Semi ripe large mango finely sliced
- 2 small Raw mango sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 red Chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Flaked Almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Light Soya Sauce
1. In a screw top jar add the vinegar, lime juice, soya sauce, olive oil, salt and red chillies. Put on the lid and shake the jar to mix all the ingredients.2. In a skillet add the almonds and sesame seeds and toast them lightly. Transfer them to a bowl and keep aside.3. In a large bowl add the shredded cabbage, grated carrots, sliced onions and the both types of mango slices and toss together. 4. Pour the dressing over the salad mixture and toss together to coat the vegetables with the dressing. Add half the sesame seeds and toasted almonds and toss together.5. Transfer the Asian Mango slaw to a serving dish and garnish with the remaining toasted sesame seeds.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time:None Total time: Yield: Serves 4