Garden salad with Italian herb dressing-A vibrant and colourful garden salad with a rainbow of colours delicately flavoured with a sweet and spicy Italian herb dressing. Healthy and nutritious.
6-8 leaves from an iceberg lettuce (Washed and dried)
2 carrots peeled washed and grated
2 tomatoes cut in rings
3 bellpeppers - red/green/yellow diced
½ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
4 inch cucumber thinly sliced
2 spring onions thinly sliced.
1 celery stick washed and diced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 table spoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest.
1/2 teaspoon garlic puree
1/2 teaspoon paprika (sweet red pepper powder)
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder
1 teaspoon oregano ( Italian spice)
Place all the ingredients listed for dressing in a jar with lid.Close the lid and shake. Keep in fridge till required.
1. Pile the lettuce leaves one of top of other and roll up. Shread
2. Separate the shreaded lettuce and place on serving platter.
3.Top with grated carrots.
4. Mix together the 3 coloured peppers with the celery and spring onions and sprinkle on top of the grated carrots.
5. Arrange the cucumber and tomato rings on top .
6. Last sprinkle with pomegranate .
7. Cover and place in fridge.
8. Before serving pour over the dressing and serve immediately