Wholemeal cookies- These cookies are healthy and delicious and totally guilt free. A lovely nutty texture with the aroma of coconut and vanilla makes these simple cookies a treat to eat.
1.5 cups Wholemeal flour
1/3 cup coarsely chopped nuts (I used walnuts,hazlenuts,almonds)
1/2 cup apple sauce
2/3 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons sunflower oil
1/4 cup dessicated coconut
Milk 1-2 tablespoons to make dough.
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Almond halves / dessicated coconut for garnishing (optional)
1. Put the wholemeal flour in a bowl , add the baking powder and salt and stir in.
2. Stir into the flour the nuts and dessicated coconut
3. In jug add the apple sauce, oil ,vanilla and suger. Beat together .
4. Stir the liquid into the flour and make a dough. Only add milk if dough appears a little dry otherwise omit it.
5. Cover and chill the dough for 30 minutes.
6. After 30 minutes make small balls and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
7. Flatten the balls into round cookie with the help of a fork.
8. Garnish cookies with almond halves or sprinkle with dessicated coconut before baking in the oven, this is optional.
9. Bake in a preheated oven 200 degrees centigrade for 20-25 minutes till cookies are golden brown.
10.Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
11. Store in a cookie jar.
You may like: