Green pidgeon peas (fresh green tuver) and potato curry- Fresh green pidgeon peas cooked with potatoes in a spicy and rich gravy. Delicious served with gujarati theplas.
1 cup fresh green pidgeon peas (green tuver)
2 medium potatoes peeled and diced.
1 teaspoon garlic paste.
1 teaspoon salt.
1 teaspoon chilli powder.
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder.
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder.
1 teaspoon turmeric .
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds.
2 tablespons olive oil
2 medium tomatoes chopped and blended to smooth puree.
1 teaspoon tomato puree.
1. Heat the oil in a pan when hot add the mustard seeds and allow to splutter.
2. Add the garlic paste and saute till rawness goes.Add the blended tomatoes and tomato puree.
3. Add the salt, chiili powder, turmeric, coriander and cumin powders and cook till tomatoes start to separate from oil.
4. Add the fresh pidgeon peas and potatoes and add 1 cup water.
5. Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes and pidgeon peas are tender and cooked. Add more water if required. This curry should have a thick gravy.
6. Check that both the potatoes and pidgeon peas are well cooked ,once they are ready,transfer curry to a serving dish.
Serve with methi theplas or rotis.
You may like:
The well seasoned cook-My legume affair 23