Mango Mousse- Ripe succulent mango coulis, folded into a rich and creamy mascarpone and cream mousse, topped with fresh and juicy bite size mango pieces. A beautiful dessert to give an exquisite end to any meal.
1 large or two medium mangoes
250 grams mascarpone cheese
150 grams whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons icing sugar
1. Peel and dice the mangoes.
2. Reserve 1/3 of the mangoes and puree the remainder in a blender jug.Keep aside
3.To the mascarpone cheese add the icing sugar and vanilla. Mix throughly.
4. Add half the mango puree to the mascarpone mixture and mix together.
5. In another bowl whip the whipping cream .
6.Gently fold in the mascarpone mixture into the whipping cream with a metal spoon using a folding and cutting method. (Do not over mix this will result in a dense mousse.)
7. In serving glasses, spoon the mango puree into the bottom of the glasses, followed by a spoonful of mango pieces.
8. Top this with the mascarpone and cream mixture.
9. Garnish with the remaining mangoes and Chill the dessert for 2 hours.
You may like: