Tuesday, 29 June 2010
Masala aloo in green gravy.
10 baby potatoes
1 cup frozen or fresh green peas
1 red onion finely diced
2 medium tomatoes
1 teaspon garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspon salt
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
1 /2 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon MDH kitchen king masala
2 tablespoons olive oil or sunflower oil
1. Wash and steam the potatoes until tender.
2. Peel the skin and keep aside.
3. Grind the peas coarsely and keep aside.
4. Dice and puree the tomatoes.
4. In a pan add the oil when hot add the mustard seeds, when they splutter add the garlic and onions and saute till translucent.
5. Add the tomatoes, followed by the salt, chilli powder, cumin, coriander and turmeric.Saute for 2 minutes.
6. Add the coarsely ground peas and cook with 1/2 cup water till masala becomes nicely blended with all the spices.
7. Prick the cooled steamed potatoes all over with a fork and add to the green masala. Add 1/2 cup more water.Stir in the MDH kitchen king masala.
8. Cover and cook till all the spices and green masala infuse and flavour the potatoes.
Transfer to serving dish.
Serve with hot rotis or parathas.
You may like:
Sending to Manjulas kitchen-June 2010 contest.
Labels: Sabji/ Shak /Curries
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.