Toasted sandwich rolls- A twist to the usual sandwich.Spicy potato filling encrusted in bread slices and toasted in the oven till golden brown and crispy.Perfect snack served with green coriander chutney.
8 slices of bread
3 medium potatoes boiled and mashed
1 small onion finely diced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 finely minced green chillies
1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
1 tablespoon olive oil for cooking the masala
Spray cooking oil.
1. In a pan heat 1 tablespoon oil , when hot add the onions and cook till soft and translucent.
2. Add the ginger paste and chillies.
3. Add the mashed potato , followed by the salt, chilli powder, garam masala, lemon juice and sugar.
4. Mix all the spices throughly into the potato mixture. Adjust seasoning as required.
5. Take off heat and cool.
6. Divide the potato masala in to 8 portions, and roll each one into a sausage shape to fit the width of the bread slice.Chill for 15-30 minutes.
7. Remove the crusts from the bread slices.
8. Using a rolling pin roll out the bread slices to flatten them.
9. Place the masala sausage on the bread roll at one end and roll up the bread slice tightly.
10. Wet the other end of the bread slice and stick it down to form a sausage shape.
11. Repeat the process for all bread slices.
12. Spray a baking tray with spray oil and place bread rolls on it.(You can use ordinary oil and just brush the bread rolls over with it instead.)
13. Spray the bread rolls with the spray oil and bake in a pre heated oven at 200 degrees centigrade for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from oven and serve hot with green coriander chutney.
You may like:
Toasted cheese and tomato sandwich
Priya's easy and tasty recipes-healing food onion event.
Sara's corner- Think spice garam masala event started by Sunita