Delicious spicy potatoes cooked with sago pearls in a peanut gravy.
250 grams boiled potatoes diced into 1 inch pieces
30 grams coarsely ground roasted peanuts
Few whole roasted peanuts for garnishing.
2 tablespoons saboodana (sago)
3 green chillies cut into this slices
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped chopped coriander
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
2 medium tomatoes chopped and blended to a puree
1. Soak the Saboodana in water for 2-3 hours till they swell up and double in size.
2. In a large pan heat the oil when it is hot add the cumin seeds and wait for them to splutter.
3.Add the blended tomatoes, salt, black pepper, ginger paste, lemon juice and chillies and cook till tomatoes start to separate oil.
4. Drain the soaked saboodana and add to the tomato gravy also add the ground peanuts and mix well. Add 100 ml water and simmer for 3-4 minutes
5. Add the diced potatoes and mix well to coat them with the gravy. Cover and cook for 5 more minutes.Add a little more water is needed
6. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fresh chopped coriander and whole roasted peanuts.
Serve hot with natural yoghurt
Farari Bateta nu shak