Wednesday, 19 October 2011
Microwaved potato chips ~Blog Hop Wednesday 19th October
This is my 5th entry for Blog Hop Wednesday started by Radhika of Tickling Palates. Its a beautiful concept where not only do you get to make new blogger friends, cook from their blogs but in return they visit your blog and try out your recipes too.
If you are interested in joining Blog Hop Wednesday here is how it works:
"The plot behind this attempt is to form groups and make pairs with a blogger who will be your partner for that particular week. This happens every alternate Wednesdays. You will then go through your partner’s blog, select, choose, cook, click and post the recipe in your blog on Wednesday and vice versa. The alternate week you will have a new partner. This way not only you tend to your blog at intervals but also learn some new recipes along the way and get to know a lot of bloggers and make friends."
This recipe is from Kavi's blog Edible Entertainment. I wanted a simple and quick snack recipe that was healthy too so when I found these microwaved potato chips I really wanted to put them to the test.The original recipe can be found here. The vedict was that the chips turned out simply perfect ,crispy and crunchy.
Healthy and delectable potato chips, that are irresistable and totally guilt free.
3 medium potatoes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Sunflower Cooking spray oil (few squirts)
1. Peel and wash the potatoes and using a mandolin slice them into paper thin slices.
2. Pat the potatoes dry with tea towel and separate all the slices.
3. Get a large microwaveable platter and spray with sunflower oil.
4. Spread out the potato slices around the platter making sure not to over lap them.(You may have to do this in two batches)
5.Spray with a little more sunflower oil
6. Cook the chips on high for for 6 minutes approximately (It depends on your microwave.) But remember to turn the chips over at every two minute intervals.
7. Potato chips are ready when they turn crisp and start to take a little brown colour at edges.
8.Once they are cooked remove from microwave and sprinkle with salt and pepper .Repeat for next batch.
Serve with a chilli dip if desired.
You may like :
Labels: Snacks / Nasto
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.