Sunday, 20 November 2011
Chinese Hot and Sour Soup
Hot and spicy,tangy soup with wonderful garlic and ginger infusion making this soup a wonderful accompaniment to any Chinese meal.
450 ml water boiling water
1 vegetarian stock cube
8 oz mixed vegetables, carrots, beans, peas, sweetcorn
2 small button mushrooms finely diced.
One handful bean sprouts
2 oz finely shredded white cabbage
1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
2 oz uncooked noodles
1 tablespoon soya sauce
1 tablesauce garlic chilli sauce
1 tablespon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 red chilli finely sliced.
2 spring onions thinly sliced on the slant.
1 teaspoon corn flour
1. In a jug add the boiling water and add the stock cube to it. Allow it to dissolve.
2. In a pan add the olive oil, when it is hot add the garlic and ginger and saute until raw taste is gone.
3. Add the all the vegetables except the bean sprouts and mushrooms and saute for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the vegetable stock and simmer the soup for 5 minutes until vegetables are almost tender.
5. Add the diced mushrooms, bean sprouts and the noodles, simmer the soup for a further 3 minutes.
6.Mix the corn flour with 2 tablespoons water and make a paste, add this to the soup and simmer for 2 more minutes.
7.Add the salt, soya sauce, chilli sauce and the white wine vinegar.Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
8.Transfer to serving bowls and garnish with sliced chillies and spring onions.
You may like:
Flavours of China event by simply.food guest hosted by sizzling tastebuds.
Global food fest by sizzling tastebuds
Healthy Lunch Challenge Event by Smitha guest hosted by Kavi
Palakkad cooking Spring onion event
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.