Please vote for Singapore-style stir-fried tofu in aromatic sweet and sour sauce page 30 by Nayna Kanabar Thankyou
480 grams tofu
1 red onion thinly sliced
3 spring onions thinly sliced on the slant
2 cloves garlic finely sliced
2 green chillies finely chopped
2 tablespoons plum sauce
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
2 tablespoon chilli sauce
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon corn flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons water.
3 tablespoons sunflower oil.
1. Remove the tofu block from the wrapper and pat dry with kitchen paper to remove excess water.
2. Cut the tofu into thin strips 1cm wide and 2 cm long.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of the sunflower oil in a wok and let it heat up.
4. Stir fry the tofu in small batches till it takes on a golden colour. Remove from wok and keep aside.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil to the wok and wait for the oil to heat up. Add the garlic, chillies, red onion and the spring onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the prepared tofu strips to the wok and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes with the vegetables.
7. Add the corn flower to the water and mix well, add this to the wok together with the vinegar, salt, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, plum sauce and stir fry until tofu strips are totally covered with the sauce.
8. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with sliced spring onions.
Serve with Rice.
You may like