Friday, 20 July 2012
Malaysian Aubergine Sambal
Aubergines cooked in a spicy chilli paste.
6 small baby aubergines
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons Sambal Belacan
2 tablespoons oil
1. Wash and cut the aubergines into quarters.
2. Heat oil in a wok when it is hot add the aubergines and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Cover and cook for a further 7-8 minutes until aubergines are almost cooked.
3. Add two tablespoons of Sambal Belacan and the salt and mix the aubergines well to coat them in the spicy paste.(Sambal Belacan is very spicy take care with the quantity a little goes a long way)
4. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes longer.
5. Transfer to serving dish , serve with boiled rice.
You may like:
Flavours of Malaysia event by simply.food
Labels: Malaysian Cuisine
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.