Tuesday, 24 July 2012
Malaysian savoury Rice -Nasi Minyak
Aromatic spiced fried rice Malaysian style.
4oz basmati rice
250 ml water
2 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon salt
1 onion finely sliced
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Wash the rice and soak it in cold water for 30 minutes.
2. Drain the rice and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a large lidded frying pan.
4. When it is hot add the cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise and sauté for 30 seconds.Add the garlic and onions and sauté until onions are translucent.
5.Add the drained rice and salt and sauté the rice for 2-3 minutes until rice grains are coated in oil.
5. Add 250 ml water and bring the rice to boil, once rice is boiling turn the heat to lowest setting and cove the pan.
6.Cook covered for 20 minutes after which open the pan and fluff the rice up with a fork. Switch off heat cover and leave the rice for another 5 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving dish.
You may like:
Flavours of Malaysia event by simply.food
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.