In the past you have seen that I have been using the Froothie Optimum 9400 and the Optimum 600 Cold press Juicer in the simplyfood kitchens. I can’t stress enough how good both these products are. They do the job of all kitchen gadgets that you have lined up on your kitchen top.
I have created many delicious recipes using these amazing gadgets and I can't imagine my kitchen without them. They are my best kitchen helper buddies!!!
But now I have some exciting news, to this awesome duo Froothie have added another fantastic gadget the ThermoCook. As a brand ambassador I have had the chance to try out this new addition to the Froothie range. How exciting is that? Santa has come early it looks like I can start making friends with this new beauty.
To test out my ThermoCook I started off by using the steaming facility. Easy does it as I am not that great when it comes to operating electrical gadgets, but to my surprise even I managed to set up and use this gadget at a click.!!!
There are three parts to the steamer, the small 2.6 litre steamer, large 3 litre steamer and the lid. I steamed some sweet corn in it using the auto programme "steam" and it came out perfectly cooked. I served it with a knob of butter and a sprinkling of freshly ground Black pepper and Salt. OMG it was delicious, you may think what's in steaming sweet corn its easy!!! I know but conventional methods sometimes leave the sweetcorn kernels shrivelled up and shrunk, instead my corn retained its freshness and texture the kernels were cooked to perfection.
My second attempt in the ThermoCook was a spiced butternut squash soup. I added chopped onions and chunks of butternut squash in the jug with green chilli, pinch of cumin, salt and water and hit the "Quick soup" function and I had delicious hot piping soup in less than 20 minutes. Things were getting better and better so impressive!!!
My third attempt was to make Jam. I followed the instructions in the ThermoCook book for plum jam but made Apple and mixed berry jam with cinnamon. I had to use the manual function on the ThermoCook, this took a little more understanding and dial turning but when you have a manual with simple instructions anyone can do it right??? The jam turned out perfect. I think all my friends are now going to get homemade jams and chutneys for Christmas.
Apple and Mixed Berry Jam
Tangy, rich and deliciously spiced with cinnamon this Jam would be perfect for any breakfast.
- 3 Braeburn Apples
- 240 g Mixed Berries
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 1 Lemon
- 350g Sugar
1. Peel and core the apples and dice them.2. Wash the berries and if large roughly chop.3.Extract the juice from the lemon4. Add all berries,apples,sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice to the Jug of the ThermoCook.(The jug should be fitted with blade assembly blade.)5. Lock the jug in place and set the ThermoCook on speed three, temperature 90 degrees C,heat power 7 and timer on 50 minutes.6. After 50 minutes check the jam temperature using a sugar thermometer, if its at 105 degrees C .Stop the cooking and transfer the jam to a bowl for cooling. If the temperature has not reached 105 degrees cook the jam for another 5 minutes.7. Once jam is cooled transfer it to sterilised bottles.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 Jars
If you like the sound of the ThermoCook this is what it comes with:
• 30 Day Money Back Guarantee – Includes Return Postage
• 2.0 Litre detachable stainless steel jar for blending and cooking
• Butterfly and kneading blade
• Stainless steel blade assembly
• Large 70x50mm LCD screen
• Separate Precise Glass Scale
• Soft silicon rubber spatula
• Simple pre-set auto programs and unique DIY program
• Adjustable timer and temperature gauge
• Dishwasher proof (non-electrical parts only)
• Comprehensive recipe book
Currently the ThermoCook is on special offer at £549.00, it may sound steep for a gadget but trust me it really does do everything it states and much more. You can actually prepare your whole meal using this one gadget.Think of all the washing up you will save.
If you want to take advantage of this awesome gadget you can check it out here.
Disclosure: Froothie UK sent me the Optimum ThermoCook to use and review at home. I have not been paid for this post and was not required to give the ThermoCook a positive write up. All views and opinions expressed in this post are of my own experience.
Photos of Optimum 9400, Optimum 600 and Optimum ThermoCook were used with permission and supplied by Froothie.