This is my 3rd entry for Blog Hop Wednesday started by Radhika of Tickling Palates. Its a beautiful concept where not only do you get to make new blogger friends, cook from their blogs but in return they visit your blog and try out your recipes too.
If you are interested in joining Blog Hop Wednesday here is how it works:
"The plot behind this attempt is to form groups and make pairs with a blogger who will be your partner for that particular week. This happens every alternate Wednesdays. You will then go through your partner’s blog, select, choose, cook, click and post the recipe in your blog on Wednesday and vice versa. The alternate week you will have a new partner. This way not only you tend to your blog at intervals but also learn some new recipes along the way and get to know a lot of bloggers and make friends."
This weeks assignment was from Jayashrees blog called mom's corner. There were many yummy recipes to follow but I particularly liked the idea of trying to bake a cake in the microwave which I have never done before.
The original recipe was for orange cake however I added a spoonful of cocoa in the batter as I love the combination of chocolate and orange.I also added chocolate ganache on top of the cake which was not in the recipe .The original recipe can be found here.
Fast and Speedy scrumpticious chocolate cake, that is really tasty and simply delectable.
1.5 cups plain flour
1 tablepoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspon baking powder
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup yoghurt
3/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoon orange zest
1/2 cup milk
1 small bar cadburys milk chocolate
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon icing sugar
1-2 drops orange essence
1. Sieve the flour, cocoa, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl.
2. In another bowl add the oil, orange juice, yoghurt and milk, mix well. Add the orange zest and suger and mix again.
3. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
4. Oil a microwaveable dish and pour the cake mixture ito it.
5. Cook on high for 9 minutes.
6. Remove from microwave and allow to cool.
7. Using a knife gently loosen the sides of the cake and transfer it to a serving dish.
8. Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute, add the milk and mix well. Stir in the icing sugar and 1-2 drops orange essencebeat well.
9. Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the cake and allow it to set.
10. Sprinkle with chocolate stars and orange segment
Cut into slices and seve warm with vanilla ice cream.
NB -Cooking times may vary depending on type of microwave oven you have.
You may like: