Sweet banana deep fried in a crispy crunchy coating ,drizzled with a flurry of icing sugar.
3 sweet firm medium bananas (Do not use over ripe bananas)
30 grams / 1 oz rice flour
120 grams /4 oz plain flour
60 grams / 2 oz corn flour
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
180ml (approx) water to make batter
Sunflower oil for deep frying.
Icing sugar to sprinkle
1. In a bowl add the flours and salt and gradually add the water to form a thick batter that coats the back of a spoon.(It should be fairly thick so that it coates the banana and doesn't drop off)
2. Peel and slice the bananas into two .Cut each slice into three pieces and keep aside
3. Heat the oil and when it is hot, dip the banana pieces into the batter and drop them gently into the hot oil.
4. Deep fry the banana fritters on medium heat until golden brown , remove from oil and drain on kitchen paper.
5. Sprinkle some icing over the bananas and transfer them to a serving dish.
Serve with Vanilla icecream.
You may Like:
Coconut milk pudding.
Flavours Of Singapore event by simply.food
Teatime snack event by Torview
ABC series desserts by Ramya