Sunday, 6 January 2013
Savory Sweetcorn drop Pancakes
Breakfast pancakes don't always have to be sweet, for those who like savoury dishes these are perfect to serve for breakfast..
Delicious healthy and fat free tasty savoury pancakes, perfect for breakfast or for a speedy snack.
240 grams / 8 oz precooked sweet corn(tinned)
30 grams / 1 oz fine rice flour
210 grams / 7 oz fine semolina
170 grams. 6 oz Chobani plain fat free yoghurt
60 ml water
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh ginger paste
2 green chilies finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon olive oil
1.Whisk the natural yoghurt with the water and keep aside.
2.In a bowl add the semolina, rice flour,salt, green chilies and bicarbonate of soda and mix together with a spoon.
3. Coarsely grind the sweet corn and add it to the flours.
4. Add the whisked yoghurt a little at a time until a batter of dropping consistency forms.
5. Dip a kitchen paper in the oil and lightly oil a non stick frying pan.(to limit usage of oil use a nonstick pan)
6. Heat the pan, once its hot reduce the heat to medium and drop a tablespoon of batter in the pan.Spread it out slightly and cook until bubbles appear on surface.
7. Flip the pancake over and cook this side. Once pancake is cooked remove from pan and repeat procedure for remaining batter.
Serve pancakes with yoghurt and coconut chutney or dip of your choice.
Lets cook healthy breakfasts event by simply.food
You may like:
Ginger and honey flapjacks
A food fanatic with a passion for creating , cooking and sharing mouth watering recipes to tickle and tantalise your taste buds. A "homecook" without culinary school training striving to make my dishes feel complete without being complicated.