This is my assignment with the Secret Recipe Club.The aim of the club is that you are allocated a blog from which you have to select a recipe and try it and blog about it.
My assigned blog was Lavender and Lime,this blog is run by Tandy Sinclair.The site has many delicious recipes.I enjoyed looking through the collection for my search for a vegetarian recipe, Finally my sweet tooth caved in and I chose her Orange and cinnamon Posset. I was intrigued by how the cream was going to set without gelatin. I halved the measurements to make 8 miniature portions and also replaced the Orange with a ripe mango.
Delicious and creamy Mango Possets, a delectable and drool worthy dessert.
300 ml double cream
300 ml mango puree
75 grams sugar (less if mango is sweet)
I teaspoon lemon zest
1. In a pan add the sugar and 200 ml mango puree and bring to boil until sugar melts.
2. Turn the heat low and add the cream, whisk for 4-5 minutes until mixture starts to thicken slightly.Strain this mixture through a sieve.
3. Add the lemon zest and stir it into the cream mixture and leave it to cool
4. Get 8 shot glasses and place 1 tablespoon of mango puree into each.Place the shot glasses into the freezer for 10 minutes.
5.Remove the shot glasses from the freezer and gently pour the mango cream on top of the mango puree.
6. Place the Possets into the fridge to set for 2 hours. Sprinkle with a little more lemon zest
Serve Possets with a lemon short bread.
You may like:
Strawberry Cheese cake