Makes 24 cookies
4 oz / 120 grams sweet Cinnamon Hemp seeds
6 oz / 180 grams cups oats
6 oz / 180 grams plain flour
6 oz / 180 grams soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
20 grams egg replacer
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
75 ml cup Hemp milk
75 ml Flora cuisine ( olive oil)
1. In a jug add the hemp milk, flora cuisine and vanilla and whisk it all together. Keep aside.
2. In a large bowl add the flour,baking powder, oats, hemp seeds, sugar and egg replacer and mix well to combine all the ingredients.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and form a cookie dough, if the mixture is a little sticky just add 1/2 tablespoon more flour.
4. Preheat an oven to 180 degrees C / 375 degrees F.
5. Line three baking trays with parchment paper.
6. Using a mini ice cream scoop or spoon drop rounds of the cookie mixture onto the baking trays leaving adequate room between the cookies.
7. Bake for 14-18 minutes until cookies are golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and transfer them to wire rack to cool.
Serve with a glass of cold orange juice.
NB- These cookies do not spread much in cooking and have a moist centre. If you want the cookies to be crisp, flatten the cookies using the back of a spoon to spread them a little before baking.
Hemp seeds- Hemp is naturally high in fibre, which helps to maintain a healthy colon, lower your cholesterol, and assists in reducing the risk of developing heart disease. The fibre content in the seed reduces hunger by giving you a feeling of fullness that will help dieting and leads to healthier eating patterns.
- Hemp is the most environmentally sustainable crop on the Planet.
- Hemp does not need any herbicides and pesticides to grow, it is 100% Natural.
- Hemp is a complete source of protein. It is rich in Omega 3, with an ideal ratio of Omega 3 to 6, Hemp is the only source of vegetable protein containing all 10 Essential Amino Acids
the Hemp crop is in the same family as the Cannabis plant, it contains no
THC(the psychoactive substance in Cannabis) – so it is completely safe to eat.
Some of the foods available from Good Hemp are Hemp oil, Hemp milk, Hemp seed and Hemp protein.
– A nutty, cold-pressed Hemp seed oil that is great for cooking and garnishing,
containing half the saturated fat found in olive oil.
GOOD HEMP MILK – A healthy alternative to dairy or soya milk and also packed with omega 3, containing 50% of daily omega 3 in one glass.
GOOD SEED – A seed pot that comes in four flavours that can be eaten as a healthy snack or used as an ingredient for almost any dish.
GOOD HEMP PROTEIN shakes – A range of protein powders aimed at building and repairing muscle, exercise, fat burn and weight loss.
I would like to thank Good Hemp for introducing me to the benefits of Hemp and providing me with the samples of the Hemp products. Being a vegetarian I am always looking for new ways to include good nutrients in my family’s diet. All the views and opinions in this post are my own.
Good Hemp have also been generous and has offered some Good Hemp products to one simply.food visitor.
The prize is:
I bottle of Hemp oil
1 carton of Hemp milk
4 tubs of good seeds snacks
£5 off an online order and a free shaker for mixing hemp protein shakes.
- Simply complete the Rafflecopter widget below to verify your entries and see the terms and conditions of entry.
- Entries can be via blog comment, Facebook, Twitter etc
- This competition is open to UK residents only .Please read the rules below .
- Leaving a blog comment is mandatory and failure to do so will void any other entries.
- Closing date - 11th April 2013 6.00 pm
How Rafflecopter works:
- Login to Rafflecopter – click to see what the question is. Make a comment answering the question on the blog.
- Go back to Rafflecopter and click the green button to tell me you have made a comment, this will unlock all the other options. All entries are checked to see that the mandatory question is answered, if its not all bonus entries will become void.
- Rafflecopter will tweet, like and follow on your behalf.
- For information on how to find the URL of your tweet click here.
- For bonus entries you can return to this page and enter the daily bonus entries.
- If you are still unsure as to how Rafflecopter works please do check out this short video