Novelty kids cucumber sandwiches in the shape of a caterpillar, perfect for parties.
6 slices white or brown bread
1 tablespoon butter or Margarine
I small tomato
2 spaghetti sticks
1. Using a cookie cutter cut out 4 round circles from each slice of bread.
2. Butter the bread circles and lay them out on a tray in pairs
3. On half the bread circles place thin slice of cucumber and make a sandwich by placing the second circle buttered side down onto the cucumber.
4. Break small 1 cm pieces from the spaghetti and push it into the tomato on the top right and left sides making sure some of the spaghetti is sticking out.
5. Cut the raisins in half and push them onto the spaghetti sticks onto the tomato to form eyes.
6.Break two more 1 cm pieces if spaghetti and push them at the central bottom area of tomato.
7. Cut a semi circle out from the cucumber to make a mouth shape and push it onto spaghetti sticks secure it on to the tomato to make caterpillar mouth.
8. Take along spaghetti and thread onto it the 6 prepared sandwiches to form the caterpillar body.
9. Add the tomato by pushing that onto the spaghetti also to form caterpillar head, make sure eyes and mouth are placed forefront.
10.Break off any remaining spaghetti stick not required.
11. Place some shredded lettuce on to a plate and place the cucumber sandwich caterpillar onto it.
You may like:
Novelty kids Fish shaped cheese sandwich
Lets Cook for Kids event by simply.food