Fast and speedy stir fried spicy rice with Asian flavoured Hemp seeds
16 oz precooked cold boiled rice
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 green chilli finely chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1 tablespoon Asian spices hemp seeds
1 teaspoon lemon juice.
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1. In a large bowl add the cooked rice.
2. Add the salt, turmeric, chilli powder and green chillies to the rice and mix together.
3. Add the olive oil to a wok and allow it to heat up.
4. Add the mustard seeds to the hot oil and wait for them to splutter.
5. Add the rice and toss gently in the wok for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the hemp seeds and toss again for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add the lemon juice to the rice and toss again.
8. Transfer the rice to a serving dish
Serve the rice with some cooling cucumber raita.
The Asian spice hemp seeds used in this recipe were sent to me by Good Hemp company. I also baked Hemp seed and Oat cookies with the cinnamon flavour hemp seeds.
You may like:
Tunisian style spicy rice