Cute little kids novelty pin wheel sandwich lollipops.
4 slices white or brown bread
60 g / 2 oz grated cheddar cheese
30 g / 1 oz grated carrots
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
16 Red or green grapes
8 sticks of spaghetti
1. Remove the crusts from the bread slices and place them on a flat surface.
2. Using a rolling pin flatten out the bread slices.
3. Spread the butter on the bread slices and sprinkle over it the cheese and then the grated carrots,
4. Starting at one end of the bread slice start rolling the bread to form a tight roll like a swiss roll. Brush the edge of the bread slice with a little water and apply slight pressure so that the ends stick and sandwich rolls do not unravel.
5.Repeat for all four slices of bread.
6. Using a sharp knife divide each bread roll into 4 pieces.
7. Take the spaghetti sticks and break it in half.
8. Thread a grape on to the spaghetti , and then thread the pinwheels sandwich where the end is open onto the spaghetti to form a lollipop.Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
NB -I used raw spaghetti to make the lollipops as they are for children ,you can use cocktail sticks but be careful with the wooden splinters.
You can replace the grapes with cherry tomatoes.
You may like:
Kids novelty sandwich bear
Lets Cook for Kids event by simply.food